From the 4th of May the Gymnastics, Trampoline and Kindergym Coaches and staff have been busy moving, cleaning, restoring and maintaining the equipment in the Gymsports hall. The Coaches had been planning on rearranging the Gymsports hall in the near future, but instead used the centre’s closure time as the perfect opportunity to do so. Coaches from all disciplines of the Gymnastics hall met to formulate a “neutral gym” layout. After much deliberation and many amendments we finalised a layout that works for all users. The new layout optimises all the available area of the hall with better traffic flow, equipment usage, visibility and easier access. The new layout also incorporates a locker area and Kindergym storeroom.
Whilst there is still some way to go until the new layout is complete, Coaches and staff are confident the work will be complete by the end of May. A number of the larger tasks have been completed including:
- Using the scissor lifts from Blackwood Hire and Blackwood High school to remove dust from the top of bricks, move high ropes and resecuring ceiling insulation.
- Professionally steam cleaned the floor mats.
- All landing mats have been comprehensively wiped down.
- White Board has been moved to a better visible position.
- Removed old speakers, cables, Fans and bars from walls.
- Repair parquetry flooring that has come loose.
- Reglued matting together.
- Silicone roof leaks.
- Cameron and Brenton built a storage area for the bins and installed shelving for equipment.
- Thrown out old and unsafe equipment.
- Relocate and secure sprung flooring
A special shout out to dedicated staff: Brenton, Cameron, Pat, Rhys, Skye, Marinus, Andrew, Tabatha, Carol, Daniel, Cat, Dylan, Elyse and Tyler for their great work so far.